Thursday, July 26, 2012

What's Your Fitness Style?

Nope!, I am not getting up at 5 am to go for a run.  I’d much rather hit the snooze button on the alarm and get my last winks of sleep before starting the day off.  I ‘aab-soo-lutely hate working out with others because they tend to slow me down or break my concentration.  And Oh how it pisses me off when someone tries to give me fitness tips when they have never worked out with me… How do you know that I don’t already do that?  What I do love is going high intensity on the elliptical machine, zoned out, music blasting in my ear with an up-tempo beat!  My favorite time to go to the gym is after everyone else has gone home so that I can concentrate on me.  What does this all mean?  I know my personal fitness style!  I am highly competitive with myself and am self motivated to beat my personal best.   I am The Competitor.
 
There is an amazing connection between fitness and psychology.  You must know your own fitness style in order to maximize your healthy benefits.   As stated above, my style is The Competitor.  What’s your fitness style?

The Competitor

You may thrive on competition, even if you're just competing against yourself. You work hard to push yourself to your limits, and it probably shows! Favorites for you may include training for a 5K (or maybe even a triathlon!), swimming, running, or biking.


The Groupie
You work best when you're with others who share the same passion as you do. Friends motivate you and keep you on track when it comes to exercise. If you don't already participate in these activities, you might want to consider a spin class, step-aerobics, or a fun group sport like volleyball or softball.

The Mind/Body Connection
You're most likely to be found getting in touch with your inner self by doing yoga or meditating. Your ideal form of exercise is personal. You like to do it your own way, when you feel like it, and you don't need a group of friends to motivate you. Good choices for you may include yoga, Pilates, or power walking with a great set of songs on your iPod.

Not sure, find out your fit style here!  Let us know what your fitness style and is and how it works for you?

Ms. Me ‘aka’ Cherlyn

3 comments:

  1. I am a competitor as well. I like to push myself as a way of self motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good stuff Sam!! Somtellmus what are you trau ing for? Self or a triathlon?

      Delete

  2. My name is Darlene Cook, a Fitness and Nutritional Coach.I will provide FREE COACHING! Let's do this! click this site: www.darlacook.com

    dcookfitness
    beach body coach
    beachbody coaching business

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment! Spark the conversation!