Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Creamy Red Delight Smoothie

 

I, along with everyone I know, have jumped on the green smoothie train and have become really interested in finding a natural way to increase my libido, get beautiful radiant skin, purify my blood, maintain my blood pressure, feel more relaxed, yet have more energy.  Through my research, I have found an amazing super food that is readily available year round in your local supermarket...BEETS!!  I know. I know.  Nobody likes beets, right?  Well, let me tell you why you should start liking them. 
 
The first uses of beets has been traced back to Roman times and it was discovered that they originally were used as an aphrodisiac.  Science has backed up this claim and it is known that beets are rich in boron.  Boron is a mineral that has been directly linked to the production of the sex hormone in the human body!  Still not interested in nature's Viagara?  Okay.  Beets are also high in potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorous, iron, vitamins A, B, and C; beta carotene, beta cyanine, folic acid and tryptophan.  These wonderful vitamins and minerals support mental health, digestion, sleep, iron deficiency, healthy clear skin, cell regeneration, reproductive health and fetal growth.  Did I mention that it helps increase your libido...? LOL.  See the recipe below for a delicious smoothie that will help YOU incorporate the benefits of beets into your diet today!
 

Ingredients

  • 1 apple, quartered (do not peel)
  • 1 red beet, peeled, steamed and sliced
  • 1 carrot, peeled, steamed and sliced
  • 1 cup of baby kale, cleaned, chopped
  • 2-3 slices of fresh peeled ginger
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Ice as needed

Preparation

In a high-powered blender, place the apple, beet, carrot, kale, ginger, apple juice and 4-6 ice cubes; blend to liquefy. Add yogurt and additional ice cubes or water to reach desired consistency.

Yield

2 servings

Nutritional Information

Per serving:
Calories 143
Calories from fat 5
Fat 1g
Cholesterol 0g
Sodium 99mg
Carbohydrate 28g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 19g
Protein 9g


Helping you get/stay healthy,

Ms. Me


PS.  Try this recipe, share this recipe and tell me what you think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment! Spark the conversation!